Currently the following books are available for interested reviewers:
If you are interested, please contact the book review editor: hendrikapetronella.vandenbrandt[at]ugent.be.
- Lisa Fishbayn Joffe & Sylvia Neil (eds.), Gender, Religion & Family Law: Theorizing Conflicts Between Women's Rights and Cultural Traditions, Brandeis University Press, 2013
- Michelle A. Erhardt & Amy M. Morris (eds.), Mary Magdalene: Iconographic Studies from the Middle Ages to the Baroque, Brill, 2012
- Jennifer Andrews, In the Belly of a Laughing God: Humor and Irony in Native Women’s Poetry, University of Toronto Press, 2011
- Tamsin Bradley, Religion and Gender in the Developing World: Faith-Based Organisations and Feminism in India, I.B. Taurus, 2011.
- Yael Israel-cohen, Between Feminism and Orthodox Judaism: Resistance, Identity and Religious Change in Israel, Leiden: Brill, 2012.
- Hsiao-Lan Hu, This-Worldly Nibbana, SUNY Press, 2011
- Ross Shepard Kraemer, Unreliable Witnesss: Religion, Gender and History in the Greco-Roman Mediterranean, Oxford University Press, 2011
- Saba Soomekh, From the Shahs to Los Angeles: Three Generations of Iranian Jewish Women Between Religion and Culture, SUNY Press, 2012
- Adriaan van Klinken, Transforming Masculinities in African Christianity: Gender Controversies in Times of AIDS, Ashgate 2013
- Anne Elvey, Carol Hogan, Kim Power & Claire Renkin, Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics, 2013
- Andrew Hock Soon Ng, Intimating the Sacred: Religion in English Language Malaysian Fiction, Hong Kong University Press, 2011
- Stephen J. Hunt & Andrew K. T. Yip, The Asghate Research Companion to Contemporary Religion and Sexuality, Ashgate, 2012
- Doris H. Gray, Beyond Feminism and Islamism: Gender and Equality in North Africa, IB Tauris, 2013
- Priscilla Pope-Levison & John r. Levison (eds.), Sex, Gender and Christianity, Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2012
- Chris Mounsey, Being the Boldy of Christ: Towards a Twenty-first Century Homosexual Theology for the Anglican Church, Equinox, 2012
Publishers are encouraged to send recently published books to:
Nella van den Brandt
Journal Religion and Gender
Centre for Intercultural Communication and Interaction
Please note that review of unsolicitited materials is not guaranteed.