Currently the following books are available for interested reviewers:
If you are interested, please contact the book review editor: hendrikapetronella.vandenbrandt[at]ugent.be.
- Hsiao-Lan Hu, This-Worldly Nibbana, SUNY Press, 2011
- Ross Shepard Kraemer, Unreliable Witnesss: Religion, Gender and History in the Greco-Roman Mediterranean, Oxford University Press, 2011
- Angela Coco, Catholics, Conflicts and Choices: An Exploration of Power Relations in the Catholic Church, Acumen Publishing, 2013
- Katie B. Edwards, Admen and Eve: The Bible in Contemporary Advertising, Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2012
- Ziba Mir-Hosseini, Kari Vogt, Lena Larsen & Christian Moe (eds.), Gender and Equality in Muslim Family Law, I.B. Tauris, 2013.
- Robin Lee Riley, Depicting the Veil: Transnational Sexism and the War on Terror, Zed Books, 2013
- Julia M. Asher-Greve & Joan Goodnick Westenholz, Goddesses in Context: On Divine Powers, Roles, Relationships and Gender in Mesopotamian Textual and Visual Sources, Academic Press Fribourg, 2013
- Zakia Salime, Between Feminism and Islam: Human Rights and Sharia Law in Morocco, University of Minnesota Press, 2011
Publishers are encouraged to send recently published books to:
Nella van den Brandt
Journal Religion and Gender
Centre for Intercultural Communication and Interaction
Please note that review of unsolicitited materials is not guaranteed.