Religion and Gender invites its readers to review recently published books related to our field of study.
Currently the following books are available for interested reviewers:
- Leah Payne, Gender and Pentecostal Revivalism. Making a Female Ministry in the Early Twentieth Century, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Sarah H. Jacoby, Love and Liberation. Autobiographical writings of the Tibetan Buddhist Visionary Sera Khandro, Columbia University Press, 2014.
- Laura Vance, Women in New Religions. New York University Press, 2015.
- Ralph Grillo, Muslim Families, Politics and the Law. A Legal Industry in Multicultural Britain, Ashgate, 2015.
- Wendy Urban-Mead, The Gender of Piety. Family, Faith, and Colonial Rule in Matabeleland in Zimbabwe, Ohio University Press, 2016.
- Janet Bennion, Lisa Fishbayn Joffe (eds.): The Polygamy Question, Utah State University Press, 2016.
- Aisha M. Beliso-De Jesús, Electric Santería. Racial and Sexual Assemblages of Transnational Religion, Columbia University Press, 2015.
- Betty Livingston Adams, Black Women’s Christian Activism. Seeking Social Justice in a Northern Suburb, New York University Press, 2016.
- Junaid Jahangir & Hussein Abdullatif, Islamic Law and Muslim Same-Sex Unions, Lexington Books, 2016.
- Holly Wekker (ed.), Baring Witness. 36 Mormon Women Talk Candidly about Love, Sex, and Marriage, University of Illinois Press, 2016
If you are interested to review one of the above books, please contact one of the book review editors An Van Raemdonck, email@example.com
or Jelle Wiering, J.O.Wiering@rug.nl
Information for publishers
Publishers may send review copies to the address below.
Please note that we do not guarantee that unsolicited review copies will be reviewed in Religion and Gender.
Nella van den Brandt
Journal Religion and Gender
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies