Religion and Gender invites its readers to review recently published books related to our field of study.
Currently the following books are available for interested reviewers:
- Adams, Betty Livingston. 2016. Black
Women’s Christian Activism. Seeking Social Justice in a Northern Suburb, New
York University Press.
- Bennion, Janet & Lisa Fishbayn Joffe 2016
(eds.): The Polygamy Question,
Utah State University Press.
- Casselbery, Judith 2017, The Labor of Faith: Gender and Power in
Black Apostolic Pentecostalism, Durham/London: Duke University Press.
- Gupta, C. 2016. The Gender of Caste: Representing Dalits in Print. University
of Washington Press, 2016.
- Napolitano, Valentina 2016, Migrant Hearts & the Atlantic
Return: Transnationalism and the Roman Catholic Church, New York:
Fordham University Press.
- Spina, R. Nanette 2017, Women's Authority and Leadership in a Hindu Goddess Tradition, Palgrave MacMillan.
- Urban-Mead, Wendy. The Gender of Piety. Family, Faith, and Colonial Rule in Matabeleland in Zimbabwe, Ohio University Press, 2016.
- Van Es, Margaretha. 2016, Stereotypes and Self-Representations of Women with a Muslim Background: The Stigma of Being Opressed, Palgrave MacMillan.
If you are interested to review one of the above books, please contact one of the book review editors An Van Raemdonck, email@example.com
or Jelle Wiering, J.O.Wiering@rug.nl
Information for publishers
Publishers may send review copies to the address below.
Please note that we do not guarantee that unsolicited review copies will be reviewed in Religion and Gender.
Nella van den Brandt
Journal Religion and Gender
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies